The Base One Foundation Component Library (BFC) provides software for building trustworthy, low cost, high performance,
database applications. Its "database-centric" middleware for distributed computing makes it practical for groups of Windows computers to be applied to large-scale
tasks. These computers form "virtual supercomputers",
which are uniquely suited to handling the custom-tailored transaction processing and information sharing tasks typical of
commercial back office applications. This patented
is the only grid or cluster solution currently on the market that
has been proven effective for the routine but predominant,
data-intensive processing that characterizes most business IT.
BFC's Windows-based programming tools and middleware support
Microsoft SQL Server and Access, IBM DB2, Oracle, Sybase, and
MySQL relational database systems. These databases can reside on
Windows, Unix/Linux, iSeries, and IBM mainframes, and they can be local or remote.
Efficient, secure, Windows and web applications can be developed quickly using
Visual C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.Net, ASP, and ASP.Net. Base One's Database Library provides a single, easy-to-learn database interface that works with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, COM, and MFC programming environments.
There are sample projects and an integrated wizard.
Base One's architecture supports rapid development of data manipulation routines and adjustment to changing data requirements.
In addition, the software has flexible administration facilities for managing users, large databases, batch jobs, and remote storage.
Internally, BFC is optimized for each type of database, but the uniform,
external database interface makes it practical to program database-independent commercial applications. Middleware facilities include:
- Security and administration components that are easily tied into an organization's existing database and network access controls
- Data dictionary that handles referential relationships and automatic generation of database layouts, indexes, security settings, and performance optimizations
- Easy-to-use database scripting language for storing, retrieving, moving, and changing data that can include custom extensions
- Support for secure distributed storage and efficient export, import, and consolidation of data
- Fault-tolerant distributed computing, to
speed large-scale database tasks by spreading work across